My Free Hack for More Visibility
Don't you just love a good tip? Something that will save you time, or help your business in a way that you didn't know you needed?
Especially a FREE one?
Yea, me too.
Today we're going to talk about one of my favorite social media platforms.
I love getting those beautiful photos of inspiration or stories of people living their dream.
But we're not going to talk about the pictures, or captions, or videos, or stories. We're going to chat briefly about that one, very tiny, but VERY IMPORTANT detail, that's sometimes forgotten or overlooked by many, but essential for your own special tribe.
You know, those lovely people who want to learn more about you, what you do, and gosh for bid, buy from you!
Your Link in your Bio.
If you're like many people, you may have your business website in the link. Gold star. That's ideal.
But if you're like me, you may have multiple streams of income coming into your business(es.) Maybe you sell a product or service, but you also provide coaching, or merchandise or even have a blog. And at any given time, you could be talking about any one of these aspects via a post.
What did the old me do?
Well, I encouraged my my followers to, "click the link the the bio."
Yay for "call to action!" Another gold star!
That CTA may send your followers to your website which is full of material, but it may overwhelm or distract your potential client into reading your latest blog rather than buying that merchandise you just posted about.
Good, but ...not great.
So in order to help my people find exactly what I posted about, I would change the link in my IG bio every post. That way it would be a direct link to what I was talking about in my post.
Closer, but no cigar-er. And quite frankly, way too exhausting.
That was way too much for me to maintain every time I posted. Plus, it made no sense as people may look at your feed days after you posted.
Then I heard about this great software that would be my one click solution. Linktree.com
Linktree.com takes your one link and opens it up to all the aspects of your business, like a tree has branches. It has a list of perks. Check them out!
- Get help quickly with priority support.
- Capture your visitors email addresses with the email / newsletter signup integration.
- More Linktree themes.
- Remove Linktree branding.
- See a day-by-day breakdown of link traffic.
- Complete customization of your linktree colors, button styles and fonts.
- Highlight your most important links with priority links.
- Change the title of your linktree.
- Time your links to go live in-line with scheduled posts.
- Retarget your Linktree visitors on Facebook and Instagram by adding your Facebook Pixel ID.
- Add a beautiful background image.
- Give access to your team to manage your linktree and links.
- Show traffic as 'Social' in Google Analytics.
- Custom UTM Parameters.
- Upload your own profile image.
- Add thumbnails to each link.
Except it's $6/month.
And even though it's very reasonable, I don't want to spend $6/month. Even though tracking every click sounds very sexy.
So I Created My Own.
And you can too. Quite quickly. Like 30 minutes. (you know... about the same amount of time it would take me to figure out how to use the software.)
Here's what I did:
1. Create a "hidden page" in my website. I buried mind under a tab and kept it visible for website visitors. I labeled it @the_dancing_house.
This is the LINK I use in my Instagram.
2. Then on that page on my website I created a list of tabs/live links in all the aspects of my businesses that I want people to know about.
They click any tab that takes them directly to their free resource via a landing page, different website, FB group or article. Plus it's on brand, and there are no advertisements!
Now my Instagram bio is ready for anything I post!
Now your turn.
Was this helpful? Is this something you could see adding value in your social media world? Maybe you know another #bossbabe who'd appreciate this tip. Share it with them, I'm sure they'd appreciate you thinking of them.
Now, go crush your day!
ps. Just to be fair, Linktree also has a "Free" version. But to be honest, for as quickly as I created my own "tree" I'm able to keep my brand consistent and advertisement free.